Mobile blames cyber-attack for email shutdown

annacrossalabama.jpg

City officials in Mobile say its email system is functioning after a shutdown they blame on a cyber-attack.

Al.com reports that the six-day shutdown started on Tuesday afternoon

City officials say anyone who sent an email to city employees or departments last week, including police and fire, should resend those messages.

City spokesman George Talbot says no citizen’s private information was compromised during the attack. He says authorities are investigating. (Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Related Posts