The City of Montgomery Set to Host Several Food Events
Mayor Todd Strange held a weekly media briefing at the Central Restaurant in downtown Montgomery to discuss upcoming activities and food scene. The city of Montgomery will be playing host to several events that will help bring out the foodie in you
Mayor Strange says “we’ve really never um stood head and shoulders above some of our competition whether it be Huntsville or Birmingham or Mobile in this uh food and restaurant uh venues and what we wanted to do is figure out a way that we could knit of move up the um food chain as far as recognition.”
Majority of the briefing dealt with the food scene in Montgomery starting with the National Culinary Competition coming to Montgomery on Feb. 27th. There will be 4 chefs competing in the Culinary Fight Club competition. The winner of the competition will qualify to compete for the $100,000 dollar World Food Championship in Orange beach AL.
List of scheduled Food Events:
- National Culinary Competition
- Date: February 27th
- The Alabama Restaurant and Hospitality Association Vintage Year Chef cooking demonstration for Carver students
- Date: Friday, February 17 at 9am.
- The 4th Annual Mardi Gras Block Party The block party is free but the Cajun cook off is $15)
- Date: Saturday, February 18 from 12pm-5pm
- The 69th Blue Gray Tennis Tournament (free admission)
- Date: February 24-25
- The Enlisted Heritage 5k ($30 registration fee)
- Date: March 4