Fire Destroys Home in Gantt


By Amanda Wade

An early morning house fire leaves a Gantt resident without a home.

Gantt firefighters say 64 year old Robert Smith woke up to the smell of smoke around 2:30am Tuesday. They say he was able to get out of the house without injury, but the house is a total loss. 

Firefighters believe the blaze started in the front of the house from an electrical cord connected to a space heater. They say it took Gantt, Rose Hill, and Heath volunteer firefighters nearly four hours to contain the flames.

Donations for clothing, furniture and other items are being accepted at Gantt City Hall and Gantt Rescue Squad.

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.

Hot Video From AP

AP Video