OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
On January 31 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., WAKA, WNCF & Montgomery Lasik will be giving viewers a chance to audition to become a “Future Forecaster.” Auditions will be held at The Alabama News Network Studio (3251 Harrison Road, Montgomery, AL 36109). Viewers must be ages 7-12 to audition. If chosen as a winner, viewers will appear on Alabama News Network This Morning at 5:00am on WAKA and WNCF assisting Elissia Wilson in a weather segment.
Good Morning! I'm Future Forecaster "______________"
Today will be partly cloudy and warm with a high of 65.
Tonight will be mostly clear and cold with a low of 37.
In your exclusive 8-day forecast....(Describe the 8-day forecast to the best of your ability using the weather icons and high and low temperature that you see displayed on the graphic).
PRIZES: Twelve (12), 7-12 year old winners will each receive the chance to assist Elissia Wilson in an Alabama News Network This Morning Weather Segment on Fridays between the dates of February 7 and May 1.
HOW TO WIN: On January 31, STATIONS will host “FUTURE FORECASTERS AUDTIONS” between 10am and 1pm at t The Alabama News Network Studios (3251 Harrison Road, Montgomery, AL 36109). Auditions will consist of a short interview asking viewers why they want to be a “Future Forecaster” along with reading a short forecast script. All auditions will be filmed on location and later reviewed by Montgomery Lasik and The Alabama News Network Forecasters. Twelve (12) winners will then be chosen, contacted and scheduled. Future Forecaster audition films will be posted for viewers to see on www.alabamanews,net.
ELIGIBLITY: Viewers must be ages 7-12 and may not be in relation to an employee of STATION, WAKA; Channel 32 of Montgomery, LLC, Licensee of WNCF (“Channel 32”); Bahakel Communication; their affiliated companies; their spouse, immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include but are not necessarily limited to parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. No employee or family member of any employee, of any television or radio station in the Montgomery/Selma, AL DMA is eligible to win. Additionally, STATIONS reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in contest where such participations would, in sole opinion of the STATION, compromise or give the appearance of compromising, the integrity of the contest. No person shall be eligible to win a contest conducted by STATIONS more than one time in a thirty (30) day period.
- Winner will have three (3) business days after being contacted by the STATION to schedule their forecasting date. If they are not scheduled within that time, the prize will be forfeited and STATION will have the option to award the prize to another contestant.
- Copies of the official rules for any contest are available for public review during regular office hours at STATION, on the websites for WAKA and WNCF, or may be requested by mail by forwarding a self-addressed stamped envelope to 3251 Harrison Road, Montgomery, AL 36109.
- This contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulation.
- Neither STATION nor Channel 32 accepts any responsibility or liability in conjunction with acceptance of the prize. The winner agrees to hold STATION and Channel 32 harmless from, any injuries, losses or damages, of any kind caused by or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded here under. Winners must sign a release/waiver that releases STATION, Channel 32, any sponsor, affiliated companies and all prize providers from any all liability, claims, demands or action resulting from or use of the prize awarded. STATION, Channel 32 and any sponsor are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the contest materials, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- By participating in a contest, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, and/or likeness, and/or voice for the promotion, and/or advertising purposes in connection with the contest, WAKA, WBMM, WNCF and their sponsors, without additional compensation.
- All prizes are non-transferable and non assignable. STATION’S decision with regard to all matters relating to the contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of STATION, and may be enacted without notice at any time. Prizes not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited and may not be awarded. STATION reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.