Chef’s Corner with Stacey Little: Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Serves: 4 to 5 servings
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) flat cut corned beef (with pickling spices)
- 4 to 6 small potatoes, halved if they are larger than 2 inches
- 1 large onion, quarted
- 1½ cups baby carrots
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 1 inch strips
- Place the potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic cloves in the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Rinse the corned beef and place it over the vegetables with the fat side up. Add the packet of pickling spices that came with the corned beef.
- Add the beef bullion cubes and enough water to just cover the beef. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- When about ready to serve, remove the meat and vegetables to a serving platter and cover to keep them warm. Add the cut cabbage to the slow cooker broth, cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the cabbage has reached your desired texture.
- Slice the beef against the grain and serve with spicy mustard or a horseradish sauce.
– See more at: http://southernbite.com/