Chef’s Corner with Stacey Little: Cornbread Salad
- half a batch of cornbread (2 to 3 cups when chopped)
- 1 packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 – 14.5 oz can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 16 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut cornbread into 1 inch cubes and place in the bottom of a large bowl or trifle bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine ranch dressing mix, mayo, and milk. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Topped cornbread layer with rinsed pinto beans.
- Next, layer drained corn.
- Top with chopped green bell pepper.
- Add chopped sweet onion.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes.
- Add shredded cheddar.
- Pour ranch dressing mixture on top; refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to develop.
– See more at: http://southernbite.com/2012/06/27/cornbread-salad/