Trojan Classic kicks off Friday
TROY, Ala. (troytrojans.com) – The Trojan Classic kicks off on Friday with a pair of matches at the Troy Soccer Complex. The annual event concludes with two more games on Sunday.
The Trojans (1-1-0), who are coming off a 2-0 defeat to Samford, open with a 7 p.m. contest against Belmont before taking on in-state rival Jacksonville State on Sunday at 3 p.m.
WATCH, FOLLOW, INTERACT
Live Video: TroyTrojans.com/Watch
Live Stats: TroyStats.com
Friday: South Alabama vs. Jacksonville State – 4 p.m.
Friday: Troy vs. Belmont – 7 p.m.
Sunday: South Alabama vs. Belmont – 12:00 p.m.
Sunday: Troy vs. Jacksonville State – 3 p.m.
The Troy Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and the Troy Student Government Association have teamed up to accept donation for those affected by the recent flood in Louisiana. Items such as water, non-perishable food and clothing will be accepted at Friday’s game between Troy and Belmont.
- Troy is 18-1-1 over its last 20 home matches.
- Belmont leads the all-time series against the Trojans, 4-2. Jacksonville State leads the all-time series against Troy, 10-4, though the Trojans have won the last three meetings.
- Goalkeeper Mikki Lewis is one shutout from tying Ashley Branham for most in school history (22).
- Abby Reynolds enters the game tied for seventh all-time at Troy with 16 goals.
- Annabell Simpson is seventh in the Troy history books with 12 career assists.
- 11 freshmen have played over Troy’s first two games this season.