Chargers shock AUM booters 2 nil
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (aumathletics.com)—- The Auburn Montgomery men’s soccer team fell to the University of Alabama in Hunstville 2-0 Friday night with both goals coming in the final ten minutes of the match.
• AUM fell to 2-6, while UAH improved to 2-4.
• Senior keeper Stephen Ingram tallied a career high 12 saves during the match. He added nine in the second half alone.
• Junior Michael Hettler finished with a game-high three shots, and put one on frame.
• Senior Alan Harwell added two shots for the day, both of which were on frame.
• Guy Clennett and James Narke each picked up a goal for the Chargers, and Clennett added an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Neither team was able to score a goal in the first half, but both teams ended the first 45 with three shots on goal.
• AUM led at the half with six corner kicks, but UAH had managed a two shot advantage, 10-8, heading to the half.
• In the second half of the match, UAH tallied a total of 21 shots with 11 being on frame.
• The Chargers broke the draw in the 82nd minute, after a save from Ingram fell to the feet of Narke who plated the goal for a late 1-0 lead.
• UAH tallied the final goal of the match in the 89th minute on a long clearance from Watts that found Clennett, who chipped a shot from well outside the 18. The Chargers held onto the lead to take the victory 2-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• AUM finished the match with 12 shots, and put five on frame. The Warhawks tallied 10 shots in the first half alone.
• UAH finished the game with 29 total shots, and put 14 on frame. The Chargers attempted 21 shots in the second half.
• UAH tallied 12 corner kicks in the match, with nine in the second half. AUM finished the match with six, which were all during the first half.
• AUM added 12 saves during the match with nine in the second half, while UAH managed five throughout the game.
• The Warhawks will return to action on Sunday, Sept. 25, when they host The University of West Alabama at 3:30 p.m.