Troy volleyball hosts Tennessee Wednesday
TROY, Ala. (troytrojans.com) – The Troy volleyball team returns home to host SEC opponent Tennessee at Trojan Arena on Wednesday night. First serve is set for 6 p.m.
Troy (6-13) is coming off a five set loss to Georgia State on Friday night and a three set loss to Georgia Southern on Sunday. The Trojans look to snap a nine-match losing streak and has done so in the past. In 2015, the Trojans bounced back from a nine-match losing streak and won eight straight and clinched a spot in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.
- Wednesday’s match will be the first time Troy volleyball will be on ESPN3 in Trojan Arena for a regular season match since it opened in 2013.
- Troy is still outhitting its opponents 784-761 this season and is averaging one more dig and assist per set than its opponents.
- Last year, the Trojans went 7-2 in the month of October last season, including a 5-1 record at Trojan Arena.
- Individually, Troy has two players rank in the top 10 in the Sun Belt in two categories. Reina Terry is seventh in the Sun Belt with 508 assists and is averaging 7.70 per set. Alisha Hinrichs is averaging 3.72 digs per set and has 257 total kills, which is ninth in the Sun Belt.
- Against non-conference opponents this season, Sara Landis has recorded 145 kills. Her total tally of kills this season is 161. She is averaging 2.74 kills per set and has a .270 hitting percentage this season against non-Sun Belt competition.
SERIES INFO (TENNESSEE)
• Tennessee (10-5) has outmatched its opponent in almost every category this year. The Volunteers hold a .284-.171 attack percentage lead over their opponents and have a 209-171 lead over their opponents in total blocks this season.
- Three of the Volunteers losses have come in SEC play. Tennessee’s last loss came in four sets to No. 11 Florida on Sunday.