Tigers face Razorbacks in Fayetteville for Sunday volleyball
AUBURN, Ala. (auburntigers.com) – The Auburn volleyball team continues its conference road swing, traveling to Fayetteville, Ark., for a Sunday afternoon match. The Tigers take on Arkansas at 1 p.m. CT in Barnhill Arena and the match will be streamed on SEC Network+.
– Auburn enters Wednesday’s match with a 12-10 overall record and are fifth in the SEC with a 6-3 mark.
– The Tigers are coming off a thrilling 3-2 win at Ole Miss Wednesday night. Junior setter Alexa Filley highlighted evening with the second triple-double of her career, having 10 kills, 45 assists, and 18 digs.
– Auburn is currently enjoying a four-match winning streak since defeating Alabama in four sets at home, Oct. 9.
– The team’s defensive numbers during the winning streak have been impressive. The Tigers have limited their opponents to a .153 hitting percentage and the Auburn blockers have averaged 2.29 blocks/set.
– Junior libero Jesse Earl’s 5.23 digs/set average currently leads all student-athletes in the SEC and is 12th nationally. She has recorded double-digit digs in all 22 matches and has reached 20 or more digs 12 times this season.
– Filley leads the team with 12 double-doubles this season. That total is second among all SEC opponents.
– The Arkansas Razorbacks stand at 3-17 overall with a 1-7 record in SEC play. The team is coming off a three-set loss to Alabama Friday in Fayetteville.
– Senior Danielle Harbin ranks third in the SEC with an overall average of 4.07 kills/set.
– Harbin’s 4.54 points/set average is fourth among league opponents.
– Senior Breana Jones has a .375 hitting clip in SEC action, ranking eighth in the conference.
– Against SEC opponents, libero Okiana Valle has a 4.15 digs/set average.
A WIN OVER ARKANSAS WOULD…
– Be Auburn’s fifth win in a row.
– Be Auburn’s second-consecutive win over the Razorbacks.
– Give Auburn its seventh victory in SEC play.
– Be the Tigers’ first win in Fayetteville since 2010 where Auburn captured a 3-2 victory.
– Sunday’s match is the 45th meeting between Auburn and Arkansas with the series dating back to 1994.
– Arkansas holds a 35-9 record against the Tigers, winning 24 of the first 25 meetings.
– The Razorbacks have been successful at home vs. the Tigers, holding an 18-3 record in Fayetteville.
LAST TIME VS. ARKANSAS – NOV. 22, 2015
– Auburn closed out its home schedule with a bang, sweeping Arkansas, 3-0 (26-24, 25-21, 25-14), on Senior Day in Auburn Arena.
– Emily Klitzke finished with a team-best 13 kills in the match, hitting .455 over three sets. Stephanie Campbell added eight kills and a .438 hitting percentage for Auburn.
– A trio of Tigers had six kills in the match in Courtney Crable, Brenna McIlroy and Breanna Barksdale. Setter Alexa Filley had a match-high 30 assists and added two kills.
– Defensively, libero Jesse Earl totaled 18 digs, while Ivey finished with 10. Barksdale led the team with five blocks and McIlroy and Klitzke had three apiece.
After a very busy start to the SEC schedule, the Tigers will get a week off of competition before traveling to Tennessee for a Sunday afternoon match, Oct. 30. Auburn and the Lady Vols will square off at 12:30 p.m. CT in Knoxville.