Alabama Power Update: 12,750 Customers are Without Service
According to Alabama Power, At 6:00 a.m., approximately 12,750 Alabama Power customers are without service as a result of severe weather on Wednesday and throughout the night. Mainly in central Alabama, 3,500 customers are without power. The majority of central Alabama customers lost power as a result of severe weather overnight.
Outages exist in the following areas:
- Lee County – 800 customers
- Montgomery County – 640 customers
- Dallas County – 600 customers
- Lowndes County – 340 customers
- Chilton County – 300 customers
- Wilcox County – 290 customers
Additional outages are widely scattered in Autauga, Tallapoosa, Bullock, and Elmore Counties. Alabama Power personnel are working to restore service as quickly and safely as possible.