btw school fire

Groundbreaking for New Booker T. Washington High School Set for July 23

1/5btw school fire Show Caption Hide Caption 2/5btw school fire Show Caption Hide Caption 3/5btw fire Fire destroyed part of Booker T. Washington Magnet High School in Montgomery – Photo from MPS Show Caption Hide Caption 4/5one year anniversary of btw fire Show Caption Hide Caption 5/5btw fire Show Caption Hide Caption Montgomery Public Schools is excited to announce the…

A Review of the Week Since the BTW Fire

Fire crews were still on the scene of last week’s fire at Montgomery’s Booker T. Washington Magnet School’s Building C Sunday afternoon, pouring water on hot spots that had risen up. Students at BTW will begin classes Monday morning at the old Hayneville Road Elementary School location. Volunteers, like Vickey Matthews, say they were in shock after learning of the…

BTW Magnet Students and Community React to Early Morning Fire

Fire destroyed a part of Montgomery’s Booker T. Washington Magnet High School early Saturday morning. For many, the aftermath of the fire seems unreal, leaving students distraught over what they have worked so hard for. BTW students like Senior Class President Laci Lavoy says watching the fire at Booker T. Washington Magnet High School’s building “C” was surreal. “It’s like…

Web Page Set Up for BTW Students and Parents after School Fire

Montgomery Public Schools has set up a web page for parents of Booker T. Washington Magnet High School students to share information about the fire that destroyed part of the school early this morning. The web page will be used to update parents on plans to move the students to the former Hayneville Road Elementary School building. Students have been…

Fire Destroys Part of BTW Magnet School in Montgomery

Fire destroyed part of Booker T. Washington Magnet High School in Montgomery – Photo from MPS A fire has destroyed part of Booker T. Washington Magnet High School School in Montgomery. The fire started around 3 a.m. this morning, according to Montgomery Public Schools spokesman Tom Salter. Salter says the fire happened in BTW’s building C. That portion of the…