enterprise

ADVA to Build Veterans Home in Enterprise

Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs/Source: ADVA A federal grant thanks to the U.S. Veterans Administration will soon allow Alabama to build its fifth veterans home. According to officials with the Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs, the $39 million grant will cover 65 percent of the home’s construction cost. The remaining 35 percent will be covered by ADVA. The estimated $60…

Storm Shelters In Montgomery Schools

The deadly Tornado that claimed the life of 9 people, 8 of them students at Enterprise High School,  prompted lawmakers to pass a law to protect students in the event of a tornado. The law requires new schools to have up to code storm shelters approved by the Alabama Building Commission. Carr Middle School, built in 2008 is equipped with…

Police Chief’s Assistant Accused of Using City Funds to Buy Groceries

The Enterprise police chief’s longtime assistant has been accused of using city funds to buy herself thousands of dollars’ worth of groceries and other items. It’s reported that 44-year-old Shannon Davis, of New Brockton, was arrested Monday and charged with one count of first-degree theft of property. Police spokesman Sgt. Billy Haglund says Davis had been Police Chief Thomas D….